Block Training Company
Last revised on: 31 August 2022
Block Training Company (“Company”, “us”, “our”, and “we”) provides fitness training programs and related products, services, and content through its copyrighted website located at www.blocktraining.com and the mobile application(s) (the “Site(s)”). Certain features of the Site may be subject to additional guidelines, terms, or rules, which will be posted on the Site in connection with such features. All such additional terms, guidelines, and rules are incorporated by reference into these Terms.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT SECTION 14.2 OF THESE TERMS CONTAINS PROVISIONS GOVERNING HOW DISPUTES THAT YOU AND WE HAVE AGAINST EACH OTHER ARE RESOLVED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DISPUTES THAT AROSE OR WERE ASSERTED PRIOR TO THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS. IN PARTICULAR, IT CONTAINS AN ARBITRATION AGREEMENT WHICH WILL, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTIONS, REQUIRE DISPUTES BETWEEN US TO BE SUBMITTED TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION. UNLESS YOU OPT OUT OF THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT: (1) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE DISPUTES OR CLAIMS AND SEEK RELIEF AGAINST US ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING; AND (2) YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO PURSUE DISPUTES OR CLAIMS AND SEEK RELIEF IN A COURT OF LAW AND TO HAVE A JURY TRIAL.
1. Account Creation. To use certain features of the Site, you must register for an account (“Account”) and provide certain information about yourself as prompted by the account registration form. You represent and warrant that: (a) all required registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information. You may delete your Account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Site. Company may suspend or terminate your Account in accordance with these Terms.
2. Account Responsibilities. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account login information and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You may not allow others to use your Account; this includes furnishing your username and password to third-party developed applications or sharing with other individuals. You agree to immediately notify Company of any unauthorized use, or suspected unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security. Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
1. Registration. Upon registering for an account, you will eligible to enter into a membership agreement for access to on-demand training classes, supplementary content, features available through the Site, and in-person training sessions, when and where available (“Membership”). You must provide complete and accurate registration information to Company, complete the Membership process, and notify us if any of your information changes. Membership pricing, duration, content, features, and other Membership information will be made available on the Site and may be subject to change at any time.
2. Individual Personal Membership. Memberships are made available on an individual basis. Only one person may hold a Membership. Memberships may not be used in a commercial setting without the express advance written permission of the Company. We may impose restrictions on the number of streams that can occur simultaneously under a single Membership or the maximum number of users per Membership. Any violation of this provision may result in a fee increase, suspension of your Account, and/or termination of your Account.
3. Billing Cycles & Auto-Renewal. Membership recurs on a monthly basis until it is canceled in accordance with these Terms. Billing occurs at the beginning of the Membership cycle and provides access for one month thereafter. By purchasing a Membership, you acknowledge that your Membership has recurring payment features and you accept responsibility for all recurring payment obligations prior to cancellation of your Membership. To change or terminate your Membership, go to [email protected]
4. Payment. Members agree to pay the monthly fee specified when Membership is purchased (plus any applicable taxes and other charges). Any agreement you have with your payment provider governs your use of your specified payment method. You agree that we may accumulate charges incurred and submit them as one or more aggregate charges during or at the end of each billing cycle. Your failure to terminate and/or continued use of your Membership reaffirms that we are authorized to charge you for that Membership. We maintain our right to seek payment directly from you.
5. Payment Method. You may be asked to provide an accepted payment method (such as a credit or debit card number) to activate your Membership, along with other payment information. You represent and warrant that you have the legal right to use all payment method(s) that you provide to us. Your authorizations in this section also apply to our payment processors and any other companies who act as billing agents for us. You hereby authorize us to charge your specified payment method on a monthly basis consistent with your Membership billing cycle, in advance, for your Membership(s) and/or to place a hold on your payment method with respect to any unpaid charges for your Membership(s). You authorize the issuer of your selected payment method to pay any amounts described herein, and you agree that these Terms shall be accepted as authorization to the issuer of the payment method to pay any amounts described herein, without requiring a signed receipt from you. You authorize us to continue to attempt to charge and/or place holds with respect to all sums due on your Account, or any portion thereof, to your payment method until such amounts are paid in full. You agree to provide updated payment information upon request and any time the information you previously provided is no longer valid. You acknowledge and agree that neither Company, nor any Company agent, will have any liability whatsoever for any insufficient funds or other charges incurred by you as a result of attempts to charge, and/or place holds on, your specified payment method as contemplated by these Terms. If you provide a debit card number instead of a credit card number, you authorize all charges described herein to be applied to such debit card unless and until you provide a credit card number.
6. Pay in Advance & Promotions. You may be given the opportunity to prepay your Membership for a period of one or more months. At the conclusion of a prepaid period, unless you cancel prior to renewal, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, your Membership will automatically continue on a month-to-month basis at the then-existing non-promotional price for your Membership. The Company may offer additional promotions or discounts related to Memberships from time to time. Please read the details of those offers carefully, as any additional terms presented to you during the signup process will form part of these Terms. Unless specified in writing, all discount offers that require a payment are non-refundable. Any free trial or other promotion must be used within the specified time frame of the trial or promotion. You may be required to have a valid payment method on file to initiate a free trial; in this case, if you do not cancel before your free trial period ends, your account will be converted to a paid Membership and will be charged in accordance with these Terms.
7. Third-Party Payment Processors. You agree to pay us, through our payment processors or financing partners (as applicable), all charges at the prices then in effect for any purchase in accordance with the applicable payment terms presented to you at the time of purchase. You agree to make payment using the payment method you provide when you set up your account. We reserve the right to correct, or to instruct our payment processors or financing partners to correct, any errors or mistakes, even if payment has already been requested or received .
3. Access to the Site
1. License. Subject to these Terms, Company grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to use and access the Site and the content therein solely for your own personal, noncommercial use.
2. Certain Restrictions. The rights granted to you in these Terms are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Site, whether in whole or in part, or any content displayed on the Site; (b) you shall not modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Site; (c) you shall not access the Site to build a similar or competitive website, product, or service; and (d) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Site may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means. Unless otherwise indicated, any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Site shall be subject to these Terms. All copyright and other proprietary notices on the Site (or on any content displayed on the Site) must be retained on all copies thereof.
3. Modification. Company reserves the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Site (in whole or in part) with or without notice to you. You agree that Company will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Site or any part thereof.
4. No Support or Maintenance. You acknowledge and agree that Company will have no obligation to provide you with any support or maintenance in connection with the Site.
5. Ownership. Excluding any User Content that you may provide (defined below), you acknowledge that all the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, trade marks, and trade secrets, in the Site and its content are owned by Company or Company’s suppliers. Neither these Terms (nor your access to the Site) transfers to you or any third party any rights, title or interest in or to such intellectual property rights, except for the limited access rights expressly set forth in this Agreement. Company and its suppliers reserve all rights not granted in these Terms. There are no implied licenses granted under these Terms.
6. Feedback. If you provide Company with any feedback or suggestions regarding the Site (“Feedback”), you hereby assign to Company all rights in such Feedback and agree that Company shall have the right to use and fully exploit such Feedback and related information in any manner it deems appropriate. Company will treat any Feedback you provide to Company as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You agree that you will not submit to Company any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary.
4. Fitness Content. The content and services available through the Site may include instructional videos, exercise routines, and other content. You acknowledge and agree that the Company is not a healthcare provider or fitness instructor; that the Site (including any recommendations and any information available through the Site that may be personalized) may not be appropriate for you, and does not constitute or replace medical advice; and that Company is not responsible for any results that may (or may not) be obtained from the use of the Site. Similarly, any injuries that may occur to you while engaging in other activities, including sports are not the responsibility of the Company, even if the Company is training you for that particular activity or sport. You acknowledge and agree that it is your sole responsibility to consult with your personal physician regarding any medical condition, impairment or disability that may prevent or limit your ability to use the Site. You further understand and agree that you are solely responsible for abiding by your personal physician’s recommendation as to any such medical restrictions, and for using the Site solely in accordance with your personal physician’s advice. We make no guarantees regarding the performance, accuracy, suitability, or quality of the Site or information provided through the Site.
5. Other Products. The Site may make available listings, descriptions, and images of goods, services, organizations, memberships, or communities (collectively, “Products”), as well as references and links to Products. Such Products may be made available by Company or by third parties, and may be made available for any purpose, including general information purposes. The availability through the Site of any listing of a Product does not imply our endorsement of such Product or affiliation with the provider of such Product. We make no representations as to the completeness, accuracy, reliability, validity or timeliness of such listings, descriptions or images (including any features, specifications, and prices contained therein). Such information and the availability of any Product (including the validity of any coupon or discount) are subject to change at any time without notice and may be at the discretion of the third party.
6. User Content
1. User Content. “User Content” means any and all information and content that a user submits to, or uses with, the Site (e.g., content in the user’s profile or postings). You are solely responsible for your User Content. You assume all risks associated with use of your User Content, including any reliance on its accuracy, completeness or usefulness by others, or any disclosure of your User Content that personally identifies you or any third party. You hereby represent and warrant that your User Content does not violate our Acceptable Use Policy stated in these Terms. You may not represent or imply to others that your User Content is in any way provided, sponsored or endorsed by Company. Since you alone are responsible for your User Content, you may expose yourself to liability if, for example, your User Content violates the Acceptable Use Policy. Company is not obligated to backup any User Content, and your User Content may be deleted at any time without prior notice. You are solely responsible for creating and maintaining your own backup copies of your User Content if you desire.
2. License. You hereby grant (and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant) to Company an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free and fully paid, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and perform, prepare derivative works of, incorporate into other works, and otherwise use and exploit your User Content, and to grant sublicenses of the foregoing rights, solely for the purposes of including your User Content in the Site. You hereby irrevocably waive (and agree to cause to be waived) any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your User Content.
3. Acceptable Use Policy. The following terms constitute our “Acceptable Use Policy”:
1. You agree not to use the Site to collect, upload, transmit, display, or distribute any User Content (i) that violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right, (ii) that is unlawful, harassing, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful, invasive of another’s privacy, vulgar, defamatory, false, intentionally misleading, trade libelous, pornographic, obscene, patently offensive, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual or is otherwise objectionable, (iii) that is harmful to minors in any way, or (iv) that is in violation of any law, regulation, or obligations or restrictions imposed by any third party.
2. In addition, you agree not to: (i) upload, transmit, or distribute to or through the Site any computer viruses, worms, or any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data; (ii) send through the Site unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages, whether commercial or otherwise; (iii) use the Site to harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users, including e-mail addresses, without their consent; (iv) interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on servers or networks connected to the Site, or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks; (v) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site (or to other computer systems or networks connected to or used together with the Site), whether through password mining or any other means; (vi) harass or interfere with any other user’s use and enjoyment of the Site; or (vi) use software or automated agents or scripts to produce multiple accounts on the Site, or to generate automated searches, requests, or queries to (or to strip, scrape, or mine data from) the Site (provided, however, that we conditionally grant to the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials, subject to the parameters set forth in our robots.txt file).
4. Enforcement. We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to review, refuse and/or remove any User Content in our sole discretion, and to investigate and/or take appropriate action against you in our sole discretion if you violate the Acceptable Use Policy or any other provision of these Terms or otherwise create liability for us or any other person. Such action may include removing or modifying your User Content, terminating your Account in accordance with these Terms, and/or reporting you to law enforcement authorities.
7. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold Company (and its officers, employees, contractors, and agents) harmless, including costs and attorneys’ fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (a) your use of the Site, (b) your violation of these Terms, (c) your violation of applicable laws or regulations or (d) your User Content. Company reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of Company. Company will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
8. Third-Party Links & Ads; Other Users
1. Third-Party Links & Ads. The Site may contain links to third-party websites and services, and/or display advertisements for third parties (collectively, “Third-Party Links & Ads”). Such Third-Party Links & Ads are not under the control of Company, and Company is not responsible for any Third-Party Links & Ads. Company provides access to these Third-Party Links & Ads only as a convenience to you, and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Links & Ads. You use all Third-Party Links & Ads at your own risk, and should apply a suitable level of caution and discretion in doing so. When you click on any of the Third-Party Links & Ads, the applicable third party’s terms and policies apply, including the third party’s privacy and data gathering practices. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction in connection with such Third-Party Links & Ads.
2. Other Users. Each Site user is solely responsible for any and all of its own User Content. Since we do not control User Content, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any User Content, whether provided by you or by others. We make no guarantees regarding the accuracy, currency, suitability, appropriateness, or quality of any User Content. Your interactions with other Site users are solely between you and such users. You agree that Company will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any such interactions. If there is a dispute between you and any Site user, we are under no obligation to become involved.
3. Release. You hereby release and forever discharge the Company (and our officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns) from, and hereby waive and relinquish, each and every past, present and future dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action and cause of action of every kind and nature (including personal injuries, death, and property damage), that has arisen or arises directly or indirectly out of, or that relates directly or indirectly to, the Site (including any interactions with, or act or omission of, other Site users or any Third-Party Links & Ads). You understand that by using the Site, you may be exposed to a variety of hazards and risks, foreseen or unforeseen, including risks that arise as a result of entering a gym space or any other space or environment in which the Site is made available (including any space you choose to use the Site), performing physical activity, and/or using the Site. You understand that injuries or damage could occur by natural causes or activities of other persons, including the activities of other persons participating in a fitness program, or other third parties (including third-party fitness instructors and other participants), whether as a result of negligence or otherwise. You further understand and acknowledge that engaging in other activities, including sports, subject you to risk of injury. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you voluntarily assume all risk of loss, damage, and injury to person or property that may arise from, or that is related to, your use of the Site, whether such risk is known or unknown to you. You agree that this release is binding upon you and your heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns.
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542 IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOREGOING, WHICH STATES: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.”
THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND COMPANY (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS, OR WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, COMPLETE, LEGAL, OR SAFE. IF APPLICABLE LAW REQUIRES ANY WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO NINETY (90) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF FIRST USE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. Limitation on Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY (OR OUR SUPPLIERS) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS, OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE OR COMPUTER SYSTEM, OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM OF FIFTY US DOLLARS (U.S. $50). THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM WILL NOT ENLARGE THIS LIMIT. YOU AGREE THAT OUR SUPPLIERS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. Term and Termination. These Terms will remain in full force and effect while you use the Site or have an Account with us. If you terminate your Membership, you may use your Membership until the end of the then-current period and your Membership will not be renewed after that period expires. However, you will not be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the Membership fee paid for the then-current Membership period. We may suspend or terminate your rights to use the Site (including your Account and Membership) at any time for any reason at our sole discretion, including without limitation for non-payment, engagement in conduct that is threatening, abusive, or harassing to any personnel of the Company or any other Member, and any use of the Site in violation of these Terms. Upon termination of your rights under these Terms, your Account and right to access and use the Site, will terminate immediately. You understand that any termination of your Account may involve deletion of your User Content associated with your Account from our live databases. Company will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of your rights under these Terms, including for termination of your Account or deletion of your User Content. Even after your rights under these Terms are terminated, the provisions that by their nature should remain in effect following termination, shall remain in effect. To change or terminate your Membership, go to [email protected]
12. Copyright Policy.
Company respects the intellectual property of others and asks that users of our Site do the same. In connection with our Site, we have adopted and implemented a policy consistent with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) respecting copyright law that provides for the removal of any infringing materials and for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of users of our online Site who are repeat infringers of intellectual property rights, including copyrights. If you believe that one of our users is, through the use of our Site, unlawfully infringing the copyright(s) in a work, and wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, the following information in the form of a written notification (pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(c) of the DMCA”) must be provided to our designated Copyright Agent:
1. your physical or electronic signature;
2. identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim to have been infringed;
3. identification of the material on our services that you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove;
4. sufficient information to permit us to locate such material;
5. your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
6. a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or under the law; and
7. a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright that has allegedly been infringed or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please note that, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(f) of the DMCA, any misrepresentation of material fact (falsities) in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney’s fees incurred by us in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
The designated Copyright Agent for Company is: Roberto Facundus
Address of Agent: Legal Dept., 34 34th St., Suite 6-6-B11, Brooklyn, NY 11232
Email: [email protected]
13. Accessing From an App Store
The following terms apply to any Company Site accessed through or downloaded from any app store or distribution platform (like the Apple App Store or Google Play) where the Site may now or in the future be made available (each an “App Provider”). You acknowledge and agree that:
* These Terms are between you and Company, and not with the App Provider, and Company (not the App Provider), is solely responsible for the Site.
* The App Provider has no obligation to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Site.
* In the event of any failure of the Site to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify the App Provider, and the App Provider will refund the purchase price for the Site to you (if applicable) and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the App Provider will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Site. Any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of Company.
* The App Provider is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the Site or your possession and use of the Site, including, but not limited to:
1. product liability claims;
2. any claim that the Site fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and
3. claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
* In the event of any third party claim that the Site or your possession and use of that Site infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, Company will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by these Terms.
* The App Provider and its affiliates are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms as related to your license to the Site, and that, upon your acceptance of the Terms, the App Provider will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms as related to your license of the Site against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
* You represent and warrant that:
1. you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a terrorist-supporting country;
2. you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties;
3. you are not an individual, or associated with an entity, designated under the UK’s Terrorist Asset-Freezing etc. Act 2010 (TAFA 2010); and
4. you are not otherwise subject to or affected in any way by any national security or terrorism related rules whether applicable to you personally or to your location or other circumstances.
* You must also comply with all applicable third party terms of service when using the Site.
1. Changes. These Terms are subject to occasional revision, and if we make any substantial changes, we may notify you by sending you an e-mail to the last e-mail address you provided to us (if any), and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on our Site. You are responsible for providing us with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. Continued use of our Site following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
2. Dispute Resolution. Please read this Section 14.2 (sometimes referred to herein as this “Arbitration Agreement”) carefully. It is part of your contract with Company and affects your rights. It contains procedures for MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
1. Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. All claims and disputes (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief as set forth below) in connection with these Terms or the use of any product or service provided by the Company that cannot be resolved informally or in small claims court shall be resolved by binding arbitration on an individual basis under the terms of this Arbitration Agreement. Unless otherwise agreed to, all arbitration proceedings shall be held in English. This Arbitration Agreement applies to you and the Company, and to any subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or goods provided under these Terms.
2. Notice Requirement and Informal Dispute Resolution. Before either party may seek arbitration, the party must first send to the other party a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”) describing the nature and basis of the claim or dispute, and the requested relief. A Notice to the Company should be sent to: 34 34th Street, Suite 6-6-B11, Attn: Legal Department, Brooklyn, New York 11232. After the Notice is received, you and the Company may attempt to resolve the claim or dispute informally. If you and the Company do not resolve the claim or dispute within thirty (30) days after the Notice is received, either party may begin an arbitration proceeding. The amount of any settlement offer made by any party may not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator has determined the amount of the award, if any, to which either party is entitled.
3. Arbitration Rules. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement. The arbitration will be conducted by JAMS, an established alternative dispute resolution provider. Disputes involving claims, counterclaims, or request for relief under $250,000, not inclusive of attorneys’ fees and interest, shall be subject to JAMS’s most current version of the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and procedures available at http://www.jamsadr.com/rules-streamlined-arbitration/; all other disputes shall be subject to JAMS’s most current version of the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures, available at http://www.jamsadr.com/rules-comprehensive-arbitration/. JAMS’s rules are also available at www.jamsadr.com or by calling JAMS at 800-352-5267. If JAMS is not available to arbitrate, the parties will select an alternative arbitral forum. Each party shall bear its own costs (including attorney’s fees) and disbursements arising out of the arbitration and shall pay an equal share of the fees and costs of the ADR Provider.
You may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or in person in the country where you live or at another mutually agreed location. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
4. Authority of Arbitrator. The arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to (i) determine the scope and enforceability of this Arbitration Agreement and (ii) resolve any dispute related to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of this Arbitration Agreement including, but not limited to, any assertion that all or any part of this Arbitration Agreement is void or voidable. The arbitration will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and Company. The arbitration proceeding will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the arbitral forum’s rules, and these Terms (including the Arbitration Agreement). The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and us.
5. Waiver of Jury Trial. YOU AND COMPANY HEREBY WAIVE ANY CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY. You and Company are instead electing that all disputes, claims, or requests for relief shall be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement, except as specified in Section 14.2(a) (Applicability of Arbitration Agreement) above. An arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court and must follow these Terms as a court would. However, there is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is subject to very limited review.
6. Waiver of Class or Other Non-Individualized Relief. ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND REQUESTS FOR RELIEF WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS OR COLLECTIVE BASIS, ONLY INDIVIDUAL RELIEF IS AVAILABLE, AND CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER. If a decision is issued stating that applicable law precludes enforcement of any of this section’s limitations as to a given dispute, claim, or request for relief, then such aspect must be severed from the arbitration and brought into the State or Federal Courts located in the State of New York. All other disputes, claims, or requests for relief shall be arbitrated.
7. 30-Day Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the provisions of this Arbitration Agreement by sending written notice of your decision to opt out to: [email protected], within thirty (30) days after first becoming subject to this Arbitration Agreement. Your notice must include your name and address, your Company username (if any), the email address you used to set up your Company account (if you have one), and an unequivocal statement that you want to opt out of this Arbitration Agreement. If you opt out of this Arbitration Agreement, all other parts of these Terms will continue to apply to you. Opting out of this Arbitration Agreement has no effect on any other arbitration agreements that you may currently have, or may enter in the future, with us.
8. Severability. Except as provided in Section of these Terms entitled Waiver of Class or Other Non-Individualized Relief, if any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Arbitration Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
9. Survival of Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with Company.
10. Modification. Notwithstanding any provision in these Terms to the contrary, we agree that if Company makes any future material change to this Arbitration Agreement, you may reject that change within thirty (30) days of such change becoming effective by writing Company at the following address: [email protected]
3. Export. The Site may be subject to U.S. export control laws and may be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. You agree not to export, reexport, or transfer, directly or indirectly, any U.S. technical data acquired from Company, or any products utilizing such data, in violation of the United States export laws or regulations.
4. Force Majeure. Neither Party shall be liable for any failure or delay in performance under these terms (other than for delay in the payment of money due and payable in accordance with these terms) for causes beyond the party’s reasonable control and not caused by that party’s fault, or negligence, including, but not limited to, “acts of God”, acts of government, flood, fire, civil unrest, acts of terror, strikes or other labor problems, computer attacks or malicious acts, such as attacks on or through the internet, any internet service provider, telecommunications or hosting facility, but in each case, only if and to the extent that the non-performing Party is without fault in causing such failure or delay, and the failure or delay could not have been prevented by reasonable precautions and measures and cannot reasonably be circumvented by the non-conforming Party through the use of alternate sources, workaround plans, disaster recovery, business continuity measures or other means. Dates by which paid for performance obligations are scheduled to be met will be extended for a period of time equal to the time lost due to any delay so caused.
5. Disclosures. Company is located at the address in Section 14.9. If you are a California resident, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Product of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 400 R Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
6. Electronic Communications. The communications between you and Company use electronic means, whether you use the Site or send us emails, or whether Company posts notices on the Site or communicates with you via email. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from Company in an electronic form; and (b) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Company provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were be in a hardcopy writing. The foregoing does not affect your non-waivable rights.
7. Entire Terms. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Site. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. The word “including” means “including without limitation”. If any provision of these Terms is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of these Terms will be unimpaired and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. Your relationship to Company is that of an independent contractor, and neither party is an agent or partner of the other. These Terms, and your rights and obligations herein, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by you without Company’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void. Company may freely assign these Terms. The terms and conditions set forth in these Terms shall be binding upon assignees.
8. Copyright/Trademark Information. Copyright © 2022 Block Training Company. All rights reserved. All trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Site are our property or the property of other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the Marks.
9. Contact Information:
34 34th Street
Brooklyn, New York 11232
Email: [email protected]